What is HoQ-e
HoQ-e is a tool of the ZDLC family that enables requirements to be reliably collected, validated, prioritized and used for transparent decision making, thus enabling higher quality and more rapid outcomes. HoQ-e enables systematic refinement of the requirements also called as the drill down process of high level requirements into detailed and specific requirements.
- Based on a proven methodology used in the manufacturing domain as part of Quality Function Deployment (precursor to Lean and Six Sigma)
- Enforces structured approach for the capture and representation of requirements.
- Employs graphical representation of requirements for intuitive review and reconciliation.
- Allows traceability from stakeholder concerns down to granular requirements,thus facilitates the ability to continuously tie back the user requirements with the business goals.
- Prioritisation of requirements and identification of dependencies during elicitation rather than as an after-thought.
- Generates easy-to-interpret reports for further in-flight analysis.
- Uses gamification concepts to make it intuitive, quick to pick-up and easy to use.
- Collaborative tool with centralised repository allows all project stakeholders to access the same “version of truth”.
- Built on HTML5 which is supported by most Web Browsers and mobile devices.
- Easy to deploy and maintain, available on the cloud as well as in-premise.
Where to use HoQ-e
Who is it for
Business Analysts and SMEs, Project Managers, Architects and Quality Assurance team.
Benefits of using HoQ-e
- Faster consensus-building and decision making across multiple stakeholders.
- Generates objective, unambiguous requirements aligned to stakeholder or business concerns.
- Significantly reduced risk of requirements churn in downstream phases.
- Reduced effort and timelines in the Requirements phase due to increased effectiveness of the Business Analysts and their engagement with SMEs.
- Small incremental sign-off allows better buy-in and alignment between business and IT.
- Graphical representation allows rapid and effective quality control and PM governance.
- Facilitates Change Management by allowing rapid Scope and Change impact analysis.
- Reduces the number of change requests post requirement sign off.